Manthan: A Confluence of Kaavad Katha & Mohiniyattam
A performance that unites two ancient traditions, like two birds meeting in a tree, entwining, and then taking flight, leaving us with an enchanted sense of duality in our lives. As the weaving of stories unfolds, Reality encounters the Imaginary, the Teller encounters the Tale, and the Dancer encounters the Dance, resulting in the dance of their stories.
As the doors of the Kaavad open, a dancer and a storyteller guide you into a mystical realm where time and space intertwine, where stories and dance merge—a river flowing through the doors of human experience, each guarded by the riddles and spirits of its landscape. They become one for a moment and then separate yet remain intertwined.
Join us for an evening that brings together stories, dance, art, and music to craft a surreal experience.
Curated by: Mayuri Upadhya
Date: 16 December 2023
Time: 4 PM - 5 PM
Venue: The Foundry, Old GMC Complex
- Divya Warier & Akhshay Gandhi
- Visual Art: Rohit Bhasi (Indigoranges)
- Music Director: Thrissur M Shyam Kalyan
- Dramaturg & Research guide: Jayachandran
- Research & Lyrics support: Himanshu Srivastava
- Associate Choreographer: Vidya Pradeep
- Kaavad maker: Dwarka Prasad Jangid
- Vocals: Murali Sangeeth
- Mridangam/Madhalam: Kalamandalam Sreerang
- Violin: Thrissur M Shyam Kalyan
- Veena: V.Soundararajan
- Flute: Hariprasad Subramanian
- Edakka: Arun Das Sruthilaya
- Harmonium: N K Madhusoodanan
- Malayalam Lyrics: Kalamandalam Viswas
- Recording, Mix & Master : Praveen Triprayar Madom Studio : Gallery Vision (Kochi)