Commissioned by the Rural Touring Dance Initiative in association with Perth Theatre Developed with the support of Creative Scotland, Dancebase, The Place, Scottish School of Contemporary Dance, Dundee & Angus College, The Work Room, Made in Scotland Touring Fund.
The India 2023 tour is supported by British Council.
A young girl ready to die to defend what she thinks is right meets a king determined to impose his will as the rule of law.
Scottish Dance Theatre Artistic Director, Joan Clevillé, presents an intimate solo work created in collaboration with acclaimed performer Solène Weinachter. Using his distinctive mixture of dance, theatre, and storytelling, Clevillé examines the notion of dissent in democracy, and how the female body can be the target of oppression but also a powerful tool for resistance.
Date: 15 December 2023
Time: 1 PM - 2 PM, 5 PM - 6 PM
Venue: The Theatre, Old GMC Complex
- Conceived and directed by: Joan Clevillé, Scottish Dance Theatre
- Choreography: Joan Clevillé in collaboration with Solène Weinachter
- Performer: Solène Weinachter
- Lighting Design: Emma Jones
- Costume Design: Matthias Strahm
- Sound Design: Luke Sutherland
- Dramaturgy: Ella Hickson
- Voice Work: Jean Sangster